Regulations for the recruitment to and participation in the project
GENERATION QI I, II summer schools
Next generation of quantum information scientists. Series of international schools for students in Gdańsk
in year 2022
project financed by funding agency: the National Agency for Academic Exchange – the Program “SPINAKER – Intensive International Education Programs”
General information about the project
- The name Project means the organization of international summer schools for foreign students entitled “GENERATION QI. Next generation of quantum information scientists. Series of international schools for students in Gdansk ” by the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics of the University of Gdańsk. The Project runs from 1 August 2021 to 31 August 2023.
- The aim of the Project is to promote and increase knowledge of the foundations of quantum information theory among foreign students, as well as to present the achievements of the Gdansk school of quantum information science and to spread knowledge of Polish culture.
- The project has been divided into four summer schools: two schools in 2022 and two schools in 2023.
- All information will be provided on the Project’s website: gqi.ug.edu.pl
- Foreign students of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral exact sciences studies are entitled to apply. Candidates should have the status of a student during the recruitment and duration of the chosen summer school.
- There is a limit of 36 participants in each of the schools organized in 2022. At the request of the recruitment committee, the Project Manager may decide to increase this limit.
Regulations for recruitment to the Project
- There is a separate recruitment process for each school. Application deadlines will be published on the Project’s website
- The recruitment procedure is free-of-charge.
- The recruitment will be carried out on the basis of the principle of equal opportunities and non-discrimination, enabling fair and full participation in the Project by all people from the target group, regardless of gender, disability, ethnic group and country of origin.
- Recruitment will be carried out through the recruitment form available on the Project’s website
- To apply effectively for participation in the Project, a candidate must complete all mandatory fields and accept all consents and clauses contained in the recruitment form. In addition, it is required to attach the signed scans of the following documents to the recruitment
- CV, with a description of education, interests, possible awards, and projects in which the student participated,
- cover letter of up to 400 words,
- confirmation of the student’s status with information about the current year of studies issued by the home university,
- Declaration of joining the project, printed and confirmed by the candidate’s signature (if the candidate is underage, also signed by the legal guardian),
- Participant’s personal data form, printed and confirmed by the candidate’s signature (if the candidate is underage, also signed by the legal guardian),
- Declaration of project participant, printed and confirmed by the candidate’s signature (if the candidate is underage, also signed by the legal guardian),
- Declaration of project participant, printed and confirmed by the candidate’s signature (if the candidate is underage, also signed by the legal guardian)
- Additional consent to process the personal data of the candidate, printed and confirmed by the candidate’s signature (if the candidate is underage, also signed by the legal guardian).
- The Project Manager appoints a recruitment committee consisting of three members. The recruitment committee conducts the recruitment procedure, i.e.:
- verification of the documents submitted by the candidates,
- selection of participants,
- notification the candidates about the results of the recruitment procedure,
- drawing up a summary report on the qualification procedure.
- The selection of the Project participants will be made on the basis of the following criteria:
- meeting the formal requirements set out in points 5 and 7,
- the candidate’s achievements related to the subject of the school,
- content of the tutor’s / lecturer’s recommendations,
- relevance of the field of study.
The recruitment committee may decide on interviews with candidates. Interviews will be conducted online. In this case, the date of the interview will be arranged at least one week in advance and will be announced on the Project website. Moreover, candidates will be informed about the date of the interview by e-mail.
- Participants will be notified of the enrollment results via e-mail to the address provided in the recruitment form.
Regulations for participation in the Project
- A Project participant may take part in one selected summer school.
- Participation in the selected summer school is free-of-charge.
- The support provided within the framework of the Project includes participation in a specialist programme offering:
- online classes with academic teachers conducted via MS Teams platform – 30 h,
- online workshop sessions on Polish culture and Polish business history – 4 h
- A project participant declaring their intention to participate in the project obliges themselves to:
- take part in online classes on the dates specified in the Project schedule,
- take part in workshop sessions on Polish culture and Polish business history,
- send by traditional mail the original documents mentioned in paragraph 11 to the address of Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics of the Univeristy of Gdańsk within 10 days since the notification of the recruitment results.
- In order to complete the selected summer school, a minimum of 80% of attendance rate is required.
- Project participants agree to take 3 screenshots during the online classes taught during the summer school.
- Participation in the Project ends with a certificate sent to the address given by each Project participant.
- It is possible to resign from participation in the Project only by submitting a written declaration to Project Manager.
- If a project participant resigns from a summer school for which they have qualified, it will be impossible for them to take part in the process of recruitment to another summer school.
- Project participants are obliged to become familiar with the content of these Rules and to obey these Rules in the course of the Project.